Law Educator, Esq., Immigration Law Answer Team
Experience:  Immigration Law Expert

I live in LA and have all my documents citizenship

Customer Question

I live in LA and have all my documents for duel citizenship with Italy. I have an appointment with the Italian counsulate for May 2017. Is it possible to apply for this in Italy and get an earlier appointment? If so who do I call or email?
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 6 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
If you are presently residing in Italy you can seek to apply for your dual citizenship in Italy. However, if you are not residing in Italy, then you have to file through the embassy/consulate in your country to receive the granting of citizenship. As far as earlier appointments, there are private companies that can get this done faster than 1 year from now, but you would have to pay for their services (such as or
Other than using a private service company to assist you, you would have to continue through your process and all you can do is ask the consulate for an earlier date and it is up to them, unless you are actually residing in Italy on some other legal residency status.