Law Educator, Esq., Immigration Law Answer Team
Experience:  Immigration Law Expert
10285032

Overstay JA: The Immigration Lawyer will need to help you

Customer Question

Overstay
JA: The Immigration Lawyer will need to help you with this. Please give me a bit more information, so we can help you best.
Customer: Can I go back
JA: Anything else I can tell the Immigration Lawyer before I connect you two?
Customer: No
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Immigration Lawyer about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Immigration Law
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I went to the us from August 8 - feb 8 of 2015 now that's 6 months but I also went in May for 10 days, and I thought the 6 months stay reloaded when you re enter so i essentially stayed for 190 days. I'm just curious if I will have any issues at the border because I'm trying to go on a weekend trip in June
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 7 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
A short or brief overstay by accident will usually not be held against you. It can cause immigration to question you at the border and you can explain you miscalculated the dates and that even they did not catch it when you returned to the country. Generally, in most all cases they will allow you to enter the US again if this is the first time and it was only a short (10 day) overstay by accident.