Jennifer Marie, Esq.
Jennifer Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney
Experience:  She has worked on all types of U.S. Immigration cases since 2007.
28679807

My fiance has an interview tomorrow at the Montreal Consulate. Once th

Customer Question

My fiance has an interview tomorrow at the Montreal Consulate. Once the visa is approved, can he go to india first? He is an Indian citizen and holds Canad***** ***** card. It's a family tradition to visit out holy temple before getting married but we aren't sure if that is okay with immigration and whether that would cause a problem when he comes back to canada and flies to new york through the fiance visa
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Jennifer Marie, Esq. replied 8 months ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be the immigration attorney helping you today. There is no problem if he flies to India then back to Canada then to the US. Just make sure that he uses the fiance visa in the time that it is still valid which is usually 6 months. Congratulations on your upcoming marriage! :) I know immigration issues sometimes seem complicated and confusing. If at any time you would like to have a more detailed consultation by phone or if you need help with application preparation or review, I can send you an offer for this legal service to you for a reasonable fee later on. You don't have to decide if you would like that now, but just letting you know it's an affordable option for you to keep in mind. Good luck to you during this process and I hope this answer has helped you!If you are not satisfied with my answer or if I did not understand your question correctly, please ask me for clarification and I will be glad to clarify. Your satisfaction is my goal. Please kindly remember to issue a POSITIVE RATING now before you leave this page by choosing from the ratings. This is very important since it is how I receive credit for my service from what you paid. This question will NOT close after you rate me even though it says "To Finish..". So after rating me, feel free to ask me any follow up questions at no additional cost . Any bonus you wish to provide will be very appreciated.If you have other NEW questions in the future, you can make sure that I answer it for you if you start your new question post with the words "FOR JENNIFER " or write it in the Subject Line.