How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jen Marie, Esq. Your Own Question
Jen Marie, Esq.
Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 3869
Experience:  She has worked on all types of U.S. Immigration cases since 2007.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Jen Marie, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

JA: . How can we help? Customer: My us visiting visa

Customer Question

JA: Hi. How can we help?
Customer: My us visiting visa was revoked after been rejected a student visa
JA: The Immigration Lawyer will need to help you with this. Please give me a bit more information, so we can help you best.
Customer: i was given a us visiting visa last year jan, i didn't travel with it then
JA: Anything else I can tell the Immigration Lawyer before I connect you two?
Customer: went this year to apply for f1 student was reject and a generic letter given to me regarding not demostating strong ties back home
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Immigration Lawyer about your situation and connect you two.
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Jen Marie, Esq. replied 11 months ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will be the immigration attorney helping you today. I'm sorry to hear that this happened. Please tell me what your specific question is regarding this situation. How can I assist? You will not be charged for answering my questions.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
The question is will the affect any further application to the US?
Expert:  Jen Marie, Esq. replied 11 months ago.
Yes, it may. You will have to apply for the tourist visa again and show that you have strong ties to your country in order to be approved. There were probably suspicions that you had a desire to remain in the US permanently so that is why your F1 was denied. In order to be approved for another tourist visa or F1, you would have to show stronger ties to your home country to convince the consular officer. Whether other visas will be affected by the F1 denial depends on the specific visa you would be applying for. For example, if you applied for an h1B visa, the previous F1 denial should not matter as much because you are allowed to have dual intent with the H1B (dual intent is intent to possibly get a green card and remain in the US later) so you can show less ties to your home country. Good luck to you during this process and I hope this answer has helped you!If you are not satisfied with my answer or if I did not understand your question correctly, please ask me for clarification and I will be glad to clarify. Your satisfaction is my goal. Please kindly remember to issue a POSITIVE RATING now before you leave this page by choosing from the ratings. This is very important since it is how I receive credit for my service from what you paid. This question will NOT close after you rate me even though it says "To Finish..". So after rating me, feel free to ask me any follow up questions at no additional cost . Any bonus you wish to provide will be very appreciated.If you have other NEW questions in the future, you can make sure that I answer it for you if you start your new question post with the words "FOR JENNIFER " or write it in the Subject Line.

Related Immigration Law Questions