How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. Your Own...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 105684
Experience:  10+ years of experience in various aspects of U.S. Immigration Law.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Can I leave days out of this country during the

Customer Question

Can I leave for few days out of this country during the processing of the case?
Submitted: 8 months ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 8 months ago.
Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 13 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help. Which type of case is it?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Hi I m rozario, may I know what is the different between separation and divorce?
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 8 months ago.
Hello Rosario. Most often a separation does not have a "legal" meaning. It depends on the state that you both live in. Which state do you both live in? What is your legal status in the U.S.?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Both of us living jersey city . green card holder.
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 8 months ago.
Is it a 2 year conditional green card or a 10 year green card?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
10 years.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Can I go out of the country during the process of divorce if I don't want to face her?
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 8 months ago.
Well, have you filed any legal paperwork with the court? A legal separation does not require a complaint, just a notice to the court of "separation". However, if a complaint for dissolution was filed, you are going through a divorce. So which is it? And how long do you plan to be outside of the U.S.?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Not yet, can I give the notice to the court myself or need my wife's signature? I want to stay for few months only. For the divorce how much total cost I need to pay?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Since I want to be free from her so what type of file should I do?
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 8 months ago.
Do you have children together that would be traveling with you? Are there any criminal charges pending?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I have no children or any anti social cases .
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 8 months ago.
Perfect. Then you do not need anyone's permission to leave the U.S. and stay out for awhile. From the immigration part, just make sure that you do not have any trips that last longer than 180 days and that you do not have any multiple trips that when you add them up in any 12 month period, that they add up to 180 days or more. So it is fine for you to leave for a few months to not have to deal with her, just make sure that you have someone checking your mail for notices so that you do not miss any deadlines to turn in any evidences or any hearings that might come up. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions and there is no additional charge. Also, should you need to chat on the phone, private email or need help reviewing documentation, I am happy to do so for a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested in these – I am happy to give you more details! When we are done, if you would be so kind as to leave a positive rating for my service, I would sincerely ***** ***** You can do that by clicking on the 3rd, 4th or 5th stars if you see them, or the smiley faces if you see them. If you do not see any stars or smiley faces, please at least leave a THANK YOU for me so I can let the administrators know. Your question thread does NOT close, so you can ask additional questions without additional charge even after leaving a positive rating. Thank you for your understanding.
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 8 months ago.
Hello. I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? Please let me know. Thank you!
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 7 months ago.
Hello Bikash. Thank you for your kindness and respect. Good luck to you.

Related Immigration Law Questions