Ask Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. Your Own...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  10+ years of experience in various aspects of U.S. Immigration Law.
9200179

I was denied food stamps - reason A household member does not

Customer Question

I was denied food stamps - reason A household member does not meet citizenship requirements - Fl statue s414.31 , I'm a permanent resident since 1962 , this has never been a problem in the past
JA: The Lawyer will need to help you with this. Please give me a bit more information, so we can help you best.
Customer: what info do U need
JA: Anything else I can tell the Lawyer before I connect you two?
Customer: My wife and son are US citizens and we have been collecting food assistance for many years , they are both disabled and I am their care taker
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lawyer about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 7 months ago.
Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 13 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help. The laws have changed over the years in this regard. Why don't you apply for U.S. Citizenship?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
We are on fixed income and just don't have the money to spare
Ok. Here is the law: http://www.leg.state.fl.us/Statutes/index.cfm?App_mode=Display_Statute&Search_String=&URL=0400-0499/0414/Sections/0414.095.html Specifically: (3) ELIGIBILITY FOR NONCITIZENS.—A “qualified noncitizen” is an individual who is admitted to the United States as a refugee under s. 207 of the Immigration and Nationality Act or who is granted asylum under s. 208 of the Immigration and Nationality Act; a noncitizen whose deportation is withheld under s. 243(h) or s. 241(b)(3) of the Immigration and Nationality Act; a noncitizen who is paroled into the United States under s. 212(d)(5) of the Immigration and Nationality Act, for at least 1 year; a noncitizen who is granted conditional entry pursuant to s. 203(a)(7) of the Immigration and Nationality Act as in effect prior to April 1, 1980; a Cuban or Haitian entrant; or a noncitizen who has been admitted as a permanent resident. In addition, a “qualified noncitizen” includes an individual who, or an individual whose child or parent, has been battered or subject to extreme cruelty in the United States by a spouse, a parent, or other household member under certain circumstances, and has applied for or received protection under the federal Violence Against Women Act of 1994, Pub. L. No. 103-322, if the need for benefits is related to the abuse and the batterer no longer lives in the household. A “nonqualified noncitizen” is a nonimmigrant noncitizen, including a tourist, business visitor, foreign student, exchange visitor, temporary worker, or diplomat. In addition, a “nonqualified noncitizen” includes an individual paroled into the United States for less than 1 year. A qualified noncitizen who is otherwise eligible may receive temporary cash assistance to the extent permitted by federal law. The income or resources of a sponsor and the sponsor’s spouse shall be included in determining eligibility to the maximum extent permitted by federal law. So you would either have to prove that you qualify as an eligible noncitizen, or you would have to become a U.S. Citizen. IF you cannot qualify as an eligible noncitizen, and you are financially unable to pay the $680 for the N-400 to become a U.S. Citizen, you can still apply by submitting a fee waiver. Here is a link: https://www.uscis.gov/feewaiver So fill out that form and attach it to the N-400 and go through that process. Here is a link: https://www.uscis.gov/us-citizenship/citizenship-through-naturalization You should be able to get U.S. Citizenship without spending any money. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions and there is no additional charge. Also, should you need to chat on the phone, private email or need help reviewing documentation, I am happy to do so for a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested in these – I am happy to give you more details! When we are done, if you would be so kind as to leave a positive rating for my service, I would sincerely ***** ***** You can do that by clicking on the 3rd, 4th or 5th stars if you see them, or the smiley faces if you see them. If you do not see any stars or smiley faces, please at least leave a THANK YOU for me so I can let the administrators know. Your question thread does NOT close, so you can ask additional questions without additional charge even after leaving a positive rating. Thank you for your understanding.
Hello. I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? Please let me know. Thank you!
Hello. I'm just following up with you again to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? Please let me know. Thank you!