Ask Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. Your Own...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  10+ years of experience in various aspects of U.S. Immigration Law.
9200179

My name is ***** ***** and I am a Canadian Citizen working

Customer Question

Hello. My name is ***** ***** and I am a Canadian Citizen working in the US (Florida) on a TN visa (3 year). My husband and children hold TD visas. I want to divorce my husband, can I file for divorce in Florida and will it affect my TN visa or subsequent applications for a new TN? Thank you for your help.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: We have had marital issues for quite awhile and I can no longer tolerate my husband's bad behavior so unfortunately feel that divorce is the only option. He does not work at this time but I do.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Immigration Lawyers generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 13 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help. Divorcing will not have an adverse effect on your current TN nor would if have an adverse effect on any future applications for TN visa. However, your spouse will have the TD terminated as soon as the divorce is final. Your child's TD status would not be effected. And yes, you can file in Florida if you have had 6 months or more living in Florida. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions and there is no additional charge. Also, should you need to chat on the phone, private email or need help reviewing documentation, I am happy to do so for a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested in these – I am happy to give you more details! When we are done, if you would be so kind as to leave a positive rating for my service, I would sincerely ***** ***** You can do that by clicking on the 3rd, 4th or 5th stars if you see them, or the smiley faces if you see them. If you do not see any stars or smiley faces, please at least leave a THANK YOU for me so I can let the administrators know. Your question thread does NOT close, so you can ask additional questions without additional charge even after leaving a positive rating. Thank you for your understanding.
Hello. I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? Please let me know. Thank you!
Hello. I'm just following up with you again to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? Please let me know. Thank you!
Is this the question you cannot seem to access?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for the response, it was very helpful.
You are very welcome, but PLEASE do not forget to rate me positively so that I can get credit for my assistance to you. You can do that by clicking on the 3rd, 4th or 5th stars if you see them, or the smiley faces if you see them. Since I am NOT given a salary, it is the only way the website will compensate me. You are NOT charged again and we can continue to communicate without additional charge if you have a few follow-up questions. Thank you!
Thank you for your kindness and respect. Good luck to you.