Ask Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. Your Own...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  10+ years of experience in various aspects of U.S. Immigration Law.
9200179

My name is*****'m a citizen of the United States. I

Customer Question

My name is***** a citizen of the United States.
I applied the i130 form for my wife hebah Jamal basalamah on august 18 2014 receipt number LIN1491011946
I was scheduled for an interview at 26 federal Plaza new York n.y on April 3 2015 at the time I was in yemen with my wife as soon as I got the notice I booked my flight to new York to have the interview my flight ticket was for March 29 2015 one week before my interview
But 3 days before my flight the war started and airport was closed there wasn't a way for me to leave
I contacted the uscis to notify them I won't be able to make it to my interview regarding the situation with proof of my flight ticket
Soon as I got my way out of Yemen I came to new York with my whole family except my wife on July I did an info pass to 26 federal Plaza to see if I can get reschedule for an interview I was told the first time I went my appointment will take 60 to 90 days it's been 10 months now and I have no clue on my case or when I will be interviewed
I'm asking if it's possible I can take my wife out of Yemen and be with her in Malaysia while I wait for my interview and get interviewed in Malaysia instead of waiting here not knowing when.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 8 months ago.
Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 13 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help. is she in any immanent danger?
I do not know why you are not responding, but you are not charged per question, per response, nor per answer. So after I give you my answer, you can continue to ask me questions without additional charge until you are satisfied. I apologize if it is a site issue that you posted and the post did not go through. 1) Call the USCIS Customer Service number at 1-***-***-****. 2) Go to http://infopass.uscis.gov/ and make an appointment to speak in person with an immigration officer to find out the status. 3) If the case is very delayed, you may contact your U.S. Congressmen to get them involved and have their staff push the case along. Here is a helpful link to help you with this: http://www.usa.gov/Contact/Elected.shtml. 4) And finally, you could hire an attorney to find out the status and also push the case along. You can try to find one at http://www.ailalawyer.com/. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions and there is no additional charge. Also, should you need to chat on the phone, private email or need help reviewing documentation, I am happy to do so for a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested in these – I am happy to give you more details! When we are done, if you would be so kind as to leave a positive rating for my service, I would sincerely ***** ***** You can do that by clicking on the 3rd, 4th or 5th stars if you see them, or the smiley faces if you see them. If you do not see any stars or smiley faces, please at least leave a THANK YOU for me so I can let the administrators know. Your question thread does NOT close, so you can ask additional questions without additional charge even after leaving a positive rating. Thank you for your understanding.
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 7 months ago.
Hello Dean. I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? Please let me know. Thank you!
Hello. I'm just following up with you again to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? Please let me know. Thank you!
Thank you for your kindness and respect. Good luck to you.