Jennifer Marie, Esq.
Jennifer Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney
Experience:  She has worked on all types of U.S. Immigration cases since 2007.

If you overstayed your visitor visa can your foreign born children

Customer Question

If you overstayed your visitor visa can your foreign born children get approved if they apply for a US visa in their home country?
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Jennifer Marie, Esq. replied 6 months ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be the immigration attorney helping you today. Legally yes, the children can be approved for a US visa even if their parents overstayed their visa in the US. However, the process to be approves is discretionary which means that the consular officer deciding their case has full discretion to decide yes or no depending on the facts of the case. Once they know about the parent in the US, it's possible the visa could be denied but the children but be honest or it can be worse and they could be accused of lying or fraud. Good luck to you during this process and I hope this answer has helped you!If you are not satisfied with my answer or if I did not understand your question correctly, please ask me for clarification and I will be glad to clarify. Your satisfaction is my goal. Please kindly remember to issue a POSITIVE RATING now before you leave this page by choosing from the ratings. This is very important since it is how I receive credit for my service from what you paid. This question will NOT close after you rate me even though it says "To Finish..". So after rating me, feel free to ask me any follow up questions at no additional cost . Any bonus you wish to provide will be very appreciated.If you have other NEW questions in the future, you can make sure that I answer it for you if you start your new question post with the words "FOR JENNIFER " or write it in the Subject Line.
Hello again.. I see that you were able to view my response to you a few days ago but did not reply. I wanted to know if there were any additional clarifications that I can help you with. Please note that Your satisfaction is my goal and hopefully I can earn your positive rating. Us experts on this site do not earn a salary, we only receive credit if you leave a positive rating. Thanks for your consideration.