Ask Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. Your Own...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  10+ years of experience in various aspects of U.S. Immigration Law.
9200179

I haven't seen my sister in eight years since our brother died.

Customer Question

I haven't seen my sister in eight years since our brother died. I asked her to come visit and she did everything she had to do, took all the necessary documents with her to the interview for a tourist visa. The agent who interviewed her asked her 3 questions and refused to see all of the documents she took with her. From those three questions he denied her visa and called a liar telling her she was just coming here to stay and work. My sister has three small children in school, her husband is the principal of a school, and she has a sales job she was only going to come for a week during Easter because that's when she could get away. What can be done.
Submitted: 11 months ago via ForeignBorn.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 11 months ago.
Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 13 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help. Not much can be done other than re-apply. Did she ask to speak to a supervisor at the interview? What were the three questions that were asked? Do her children and spouse already have visas to come to the U.S. or were they applying with her?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
No she didn't ask for a supervisor at the interview, None of her children or husband have visas, it was just her coming to visit.
The three questions were?
1. Who was paying for the trip and the paperwork(visa, passport)? Her response was, " My sister and I."
2. Are you married ? "Yes" How many children do you have? "4"
3. Where is your mother? "Visiting my sister."
He refused to look at any type of documentation she had with her.
She should have asked to speak to a supervisor. That's what she will need to do for the next time. While I normally recommend applying more than 6 months after denial, she can apply now if she likes. She should make sure to mention that the 4 children are all minor and do not have visas and she would not be abandoning them. If they refuse to see any supporting documentation, she can ask to speak to a supervisor. I will provide you with two links that may be helpful. The first is to an article that will explain what they look for when issuing a non-immigrant visa like the B-2. The second is a list of things that can be presented to prove non-immigrant intent and the strong ties to the home country.http://www.ilw.com/articles/2009,0528-schwartz.shtm https://help.cbp.gov/ci/fattach/get/46680/0/session/L2F2LzEvdGltZS8xMzk3NDE3MzcxL3NpZC85M1BEQ0lSbA==/filename/Intentions+and+Ties.pdf My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions and there is no additional charge. Also, should you need to chat on the phone, private email or need help reviewing documentation, I am happy to do so for a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested in these – I am happy to give you more details! When we are done, if you would be so kind as to leave a positive rating for my service, I would sincerely ***** ***** You can do that by clicking on the 3rd, 4th or 5th stars if you see them, or the smiley faces if you see them. If you do not see any stars or smiley faces, please at least leave a THANK YOU for me so I can let the administrators know. Your question thread does NOT close, so you can ask additional questions without additional charge even after leaving a positive rating. Thank you for your understanding.
Hello. I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? Please let me know. Thank you!
Hello. I'm just following up with you again to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? Please let me know. Thank you!