Jen Marie, Esq.
Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney
Experience:  She has worked on all types of U.S. Immigration cases since 2007.
28679807

I am on H1b visa currently until april 30.My h1b will be

Customer Question

I am on H1b visa currently until april 30.My h1b will be revoked on april 30th.
I applied for f2 change of status recently.If i get a new job offer after april 30th while my f2 change of status is pending will i be able to get a non exempt H1b visa on premium processing? What is the procedure to get a new H1b visa while my f2 change of status is pending after april 30th? As i have no pay checks at that point of time will my H1b application be rejected?
Please advice.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Jen Marie, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be the immigration attorney helping you today. If you find a job while your F2 is pending, yes a new employer can apply for new exempt H1B visa on premium processing. However, in order to begin working right away, you will have to depart the US and come back in. Otherwise if you want to remain in the US, you will have to wait until you receive an approval for your F2 change of status. Once you have that, you can submit an application I-539 for change of status tot he H1B. Good luck to you during this process and I hope this answer has helped you!If you are not satisfied with my answer or if I did not understand your question correctly, please ask me for clarification and I will be glad to clarify. Your satisfaction is my goal. Please kindly remember to issue a POSITIVE RATING now before you leave this page by choosing from the ratings. This is very important since it is how I receive credit for my service from what you paid. This question will NOT close after you rate me even though it says "To Finish..". So after rating me, feel free to ask me any follow up questions at no additional cost . Any bonus you wish to provide will be very appreciated.If you have other NEW questions in the future, you can make sure that I answer it for you if you start your new question post with the words "FOR JENNIFER " or write it in the Subject Line.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
"If you find a job while your F2 visa is pending, yes a new employer can apply for new exempt H1B visa on premium processing. However, in order to begin working right away, you will have to depart the US and come back in." Will my H1-b be still approved no matter what? Are you saying that i will have to take my approved I-797 and return back to united states?
Yes, the H1B can be approved no matter what, you just cannot begin working right away. Yes, that is what I am saying. I Hope that helps and that you can now issue a positive rating.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How long will the premium processing of my H1b visa take ? will it take more than 15 days? I will be sending my H1b visa with f2 change of status receipt?
Premium processing will take about 15 days.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
are you sure this premium processing of H1b while my f2 change of status is pending will also take 15 days ?