Ask Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. Your Own...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  10+ years of experience in various aspects of U.S. Immigration Law.

I received RFE on I485. I have I485 on the basis of

Customer Question

hello! I received RFE on I485. I have I485 on the basis of my marriage to an American citizen. on RFE USCIS is asking for the tax return of my wife but she does not pay the tax because she is not working.. and moreover she is having a kid from her first marriage and her first husband also filed some child support case on her. now I am very confused what to do next as my AP and EAD will also be delayed because of this.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 6 months ago.
Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 13 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help. What is your current status? Are you legally working? How?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
no I am not working right now. my family from india send me funds to support
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
and I am really confused what to do next as I have filled all the papers by myself.
You should not have done this on your own. One of the KEY requirements is that the sponsor, your spouse, show she makes enough money to make sure you do not become a public charge. For a family of three, her, her child and you, that means she has to show she makes at least $25,200 per year or more. If she doesn't make enough, then she must look for a Joint Sponsor for the financial aspect of the case. This Joint Sponsor must also file the same Affidavit of Support that she does and submit the same evidence that she still has to submit. The Joint Sponsor can be any U.S. Citizen or U.S. Lawful Permanent Resident that is over the age of 18 that makes the minimum amount. So that is how to respond. Find a Joint Sponsor. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions and there is no additional charge. Also, should you need to chat on the phone, private email or need help reviewing documentation, I am happy to do so for a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested in these – I am happy to give you more details! When we are done, if you would be so kind as to leave a positive rating for my service, I would sincerely ***** ***** You can do that by clicking on the 3rd, 4th or 5th stars if you see them, or the smiley faces if you see them. If you do not see any stars or smiley faces, please at least leave a THANK YOU for me so I can let the administrators know. Your question thread does NOT close, so you can ask additional questions without additional charge even after leaving a positive rating. Thank you for your understanding.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I have also attached one joint sponsor also and attached the photocopy of last three returns of that sponsor but still the USCIS asked for her. and it is also mentioned that if you are not required to file income tax return attach a written application. I am totally confused what does it mean.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I am sorry not the written application but the written explanation of why you are not required to file income tax return.
You should get a letter from an accountant that explains why she was not required to file taxes. Have the accountant write it and sign it and that should do it.Let me know if you need anything else, but please do not forget to leave a positive rating by clicking on 3 or more stars. Thank you.
Hello. I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? Please let me know. Thank you!