Attorney2
Attorney2, Attorney
Experience:  28 Years In General Practice,
68197583

My wife and I just got married a month ago and would like to

Customer Question

My wife and I just got married a month ago and would like to do all the filing for her to stay in the US and get her green card. We cannot afford all the legal fees from lawyers which I had a consultation and knows the cost already. We are looking for someone to do the filing for us and its not easy and don't want to make any mistakes. What do you suggest?
Thank you,
Danielle
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Jennifer Marie, Esq. replied 8 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be the immigration attorney helping you today.

Let me ask you a few questions first. You do not get charged for answering these questions so don't worry about that. Did your wife enter the US legally/with a visa? Are you a US citizen?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
She was on vacation on a ESTA and we decided to get married and yes I'm a citizen

Ok thanks for the information. I would suggest that you maybe look for a more economical attorney to help you if you feel more comfortable doing it with the help of an attorney. It's not 100% necessary but I do understand that it helps in making sure that you do everything right the first time. If you can find someone else, it may be the best option.

I can answer any specific questions you have here about the process or also through a phone consultation to help guide you on getting started in more detail.

Expert:  Attorney2 replied 8 months ago.

Welcome and thank you for your question. I am a different Attorney. The site asked me to check to see if you need any additional assistance. Where in New York are you located so I can provide information on low cost and Pro Bono (FREE) attorneys in your area?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I live in Midtown , Hell's Kitchen

Thank you for the additional information.

http://www.thirteen.org/metrofocus/2012/08/legal-assistance-for-new-yorkers/

"Free and Low-Cost Legal Assistance for New Yorkers

If you are in need of immediate assistance, the New York County District Attorney’s Office has hotlines to call if you’re facing problems in areas such as:

• Hate Crimes
  • Sex Crimes
  • Cyber Crimes/Identity Theft
  • Public Corruption
  • Immigrant Affairs
  • Elder Abuse

The Legal Aid Society, a nonprofit that provides free legal counsel to low-income families and individuals, also operates a number of hotlines regarding:

• Homeless Family Rights
  • Employment Law
  • Immigration Law
  • Low-Income Taxpayers" http://www.thirteen.org/metrofocus/2012/08/legal-assistance-for-new-yorkers/

All of these attorneys at this link provide free consultations https://www.justia.com/lawyers/immigration-naturalization/new-york

This is a link for additional resources available to you http://www.nypl.org/blog/2012/04/12/how-find-free-or-low-cost-legal-services-new-york-city

Please do not hesitate to ask me any additional questions that you may have with regard to this matter. If you would be kind enough to rate my service positively so I will receive credit for my work I would appreciate it. Thank you for using JA! We appreciate your business.

I wanted to check back with you to see if the information I provided was helpful.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
No thank you!!

I am sorry that the information was not helpful would you like a refund?