Expert James
Expert James, Immigration Attorney
Experience:  Write FOR JAMES to get my help!
23431962

Father has mexican / austrian citizenship. Mother mexican /

father has mexican / austrian citizenship. Mother mexican / german. I'm born in the U.S. What citizenship can I have access to?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I'm under 18.

Germany does not allow dual citizenship, except in extremely rare circumstances. You would have to ask for special permission from them.

As for the others, was your father already an Austrian citizen when you were born?

Kindly remember to give me a positive rating before leaving this site today. I do not get a salary here, so your positive rating is the only way I am rewarded for doing my job. If that does not happen, it is as if I never worked, which I am sure you agree would not be an ideal outcome. So please do not forget to give me 3 or more stars, or any smiling faces, in order to help me get credit for doing my job. Thank you!

For Austria:

If your parents were married at the time of your birth, your father's Austrian citizenship is sufficient to make you an Austrian citizen.

Now, according to Austrian law, dual citizenship is allowed if you acquired another nationality at birth (US), but who are the child of an Austrian and a foreign parent.

So for Austria, it sounds like you can get an Austrian passport.

For Mexico:

You are a citizen if you are born of a Mexican Citizen born in Mexico, or you are born to a citizen of Mexico after she/he has become a naturalized citizen of Mexico.

Based on that information, and the facts of your birth as you know them, it is possible that you are a citizen of Mexico as well.

I hope I have answered your questions. If you want a 30 minute phone call to discuss this or anything else, let me know. I can send you an offer for that.

Otherwise, kindly rate my customer service with a positive rating so I get credit for doing my job. You can keep asking questions even after you have given a rating.

REMINDER: I do not get a salary here, so your positive rating for my customer service is the only way I am rewarded for doing my job. If that does not happen, it is as if I never worked; I am sure you agree that would not be an ideal outcome. So please do not forget to give me 3 or more stars, or any smiling faces, in order to help me get credit for doing my job.

Keep in mind, you are not rating the state of the law or the outcome of your situation, which I cannot control. You are rating my customer service. Believe me that I always want to give you good news. But if the outcome is not what you wanted, blame the government and the law, not me. I am only a messenger.

Negative ratings are reserved for Professionals who are rude or unprofessional. Giving me a negative rating does not help you get a different answer or outcome. So do not give a negative rating if you need more help, or if I misunderstood your question. Instead click REPLY so I can continue to assist you.

A BONUS is appreciated, if you feel I've earned it.

If you have questions in the future, write FOR JAMES in the question and I will be your personal Expert in this category.

Thank you!

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Doppelte Staatsbürgerschaft bei Einbürgerung durch das Abstammungsprinzip
Wenn ein Kind mit der Geburt nach dem Abstammungsprinzip sowohl die ausländische Staatsangehörigkeit eines Elternteils, als auch die deutsche Staatsangehörigkeit des anderen Elternteils übernimmt, besitzt es mehrere Staatsangehörigkeiten. Dies nennt sich “Mehrstaatigkeit” bzw. “doppelte Staatsbürgerschaft”.
Kinder, die auf dem beschriebenen Weg die doppelte Staatsbürgerschaft erlangen, müssen sich nach Erreichen der Volljährigkeit nicht für eine Staatsangehörigkeit entscheiden. Das heißt, das Optionsmodell, welches nach Volljährigkeit eine Entscheidung für eine der Staatsangehörigkeiten verlangt, gilt nicht für diese Kinder. Somit können sie ihre doppelte Staatsangehörigkeit behalten und besitzen die Rechte und Pflichten der Staaten, denen sie angehören.What do you think?....

Hi there,

Your response came to me in German. Please respond in English.

Thank you.

This should help with the issue.