Ask Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. Your Own...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  10+ years of experience in various aspects of U.S. Immigration Law.
9200179

I have a 23 year old woman from Finland who I want to be my

Customer Question

I have a 23 year old woman from Finland who I want to be my Au Pair/Domestic worker. She has been an au pair before. I would prefer not to use an agency, so we are attempting to get a domestic worker visa. Must we use an agency for this? Is there a standard foreign domestic worker contract?
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 8 months ago.

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 13 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help.

You mean to avoid the J-1 all-together and perhaps go for an H-2B?

I do not know why you are not responding, but you are not charged per question, per response, nor per answer. So after I give you my answer, you can continue to ask me questions without additional charge until you are satisfied. I apologize if it is a site issue that you posted and the post did not go through.

For a J-1, an agency or program must be used. Here is a link:

http://j1visa.state.gov/programs/au-pair#program-sponsors

For an H-2B, there must be an employer that sponsors. For an H-2B worker visa, it is expensive and difficult to get because the employer would have to go through an expensive process called a Labor Certification where the position is advertised in the local media and must receive all resumes and eliminate all candidates for valid reasons, not just because they have a job for her. This is to prove that she would not be taking a job away from a U.S. worker. Here is a link:

http://www.uscis.gov/working-united-states/temporary-workers/h-2b-non-agricultural-workers/h-2b-temporary-non-agricultural-workers

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions and there is no additional charge. Also, should you need to chat on the phone, private email or need help reviewing documentation, I am happy to do so for a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested in these – I am happy to give you more details! When we are done, if you would be so kind as to leave a positive rating for my service, I would sincerely ***** ***** You can do that by clicking on the 3rd, 4th or 5th stars if you see them, or the smiley faces if you see them. If you do not see any stars or smiley faces, please at least leave a THANK YOU for me so I can let the administrators know. Your question thread does NOT close, so you can ask additional questions without additional charge even after leaving a positive rating. Thank you for your understanding.

Hello Frank. I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? Please let me know. Thank you!

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Hi Guillermo, when I looked at the site, and started going through the process, I was comparing it to another online service... I hadn't finished the process with your site, so I was surprised that I got an answer from you - I had decided to go with the other service because it included a live 15 minute phone call, where I could ask several questions at a set price, $39. The price was slightly better, and the format worked for me.

Well Frank, you were already charged when you asked your question and no one refunds my time and effort since I'm not given a salary and can only get compensated if you leave a positive rating for me. What other site did you go to? And I guess you are going to ask for a refund?

Frank, if you wouldn't mind telling me which site you went to, I would really appreciate it. Let me know and I will inform the administrators that you would like a refund. Thank you.

Thank you for your kindness and respect. Good luck to you.