Ask Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. Your Own...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  10+ years of experience in various aspects of U.S. Immigration Law.

To: GUILLERMO (only!) When College issues invitation to a

Customer Question

To: GUILLERMO (only!)When College issues invitation to a student DS-20 (is it?) --
1) does this invitations includes information about dependents for F2 (because the college was interested to verify proof of funds for living expenses taking into account a minor complaining a student and passport information of the minor)
2) does the college send information submitted to it to USCIS (or enters via any of USCIS systems)?
3) There is a requirement to provide "motivation from a perspective student for the studies" from USCIS.
The College was not particularly interested in that information. So whether or not they pass anything along to USCIS, it would not make it to them.
How do I submit it to USCIS, as I hear that consulates do not ask for any documents during visa interviews, as "they are already have everything", or they may ask for something, "one always must be prepared", but it's quite rear.
But here we are talking about something which is explicitly requested by the USCIS for the F1 visa interview and I want them to already have it for my interview. How do I make it happen? Is there a way to mail this documentation to them? (To the local consulate, I imagine, it would have to be, or maybe not?)Thanks!
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 6 months ago.

1) No, such information is not contained in the I-20.

2) The Designated School Officer has direct access to the SEVIS system.

3) No, not really. What is required is non-immigrant intent, an un-relinquished domicile back home to go back to, and evidence of finances enough to pay for at least 1 year of school and room and board.

Here is a good link if you haven't seen it:

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Do you have a definitive list of what Designated School Officer has ability to submit for a student through SEVIS, or it is any number of supporting documents (i.e., any attachments) that a student may provide to a college and the the officer may choose to submit on student's behalf?...And if so, isn't it therefore the best to work with that officer to get as much stuff submitted through there, that may be useful during the interview to fulfill the said requirements?
E.g., a job reference from the employer indicating having had a career at a home country prior to going to study to USA and having one awaiting the student upon the return after graduation -- isn't this JUST want the consulate would like to see?
and have it submitted to college in support of the admission application, which establishes motivation for studies which the college would send to SEVIS to show answer the questions sought in their requirements and explain the source of financing, and allow them to verify that via their clandestine channels, since the employer is a Cannadian company, so there would be a lot more transparency into it.

My friend, my experience with F-1 visas is very limited. Why? Because there is no money in it. Why? Because the schools are the interested parties and they handle everything in that aspect, usually for free because they want to charge the students tuition later. I can give you some links to the manuals and maybe that will help you out. Here are some links:

As far as what the consulate wants to see, that's basically that the student has the funds necessary to pay for a year of school, non-immigrant intent, strong ties to the home country and an un-relinquished domicile. Careful with employment experience because that could be used against the student in that it may be seen that the student wants to live and work in the U.S., not get an education and then go back home and get a job. While many students later go for OPT and then H-1B and then green card, up until they apply for the H-1B, it is required that they have non-immigrant intent. So they cannot "change their minds" until they apply for H-1B.

Let me know if you need anything else, but please do not forget to rate me positively. Thank you!

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I think you owe me a phone call which I paid for but we never had, perhaps it would be a good place to have it here, although I clearly hear what you are saying as far as not having too much day-to-day grind in this area -- you still can help with what you do know.
See how tomorrow works for you as far as having a call during the day or in the evening.

The late morning or early afternoon should be good.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Ok. Will coordinate tomorrow exactly or send me the time. j am looking to be pretty open.

Sounds good. I'm pretty open as well.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Let's tentatively plan for 3 pm and I will get I touch tomorrow.

Sounds good. Thank you.