Ask Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. Your Own...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  10+ years of experience in various aspects of U.S. Immigration Law.
9200179

Dear Guillermo, I am currently on an E2 Visa, which expires

Customer Question

Dear Guillermo,
I am currently on an E2 Visa, which expires in 2018; however, a couple of questions:
1) If I leave my employment, is my Visa then redacted?
2) Can I 'transfer' my E2 Visa to another company?
3) Can the E2 be transferred to another Visa?
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 8 months ago.

Hello! Thank you for requesting me. I am a licensed attorney with more than 13 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help.

1) Yes unless you do a transfer from one E-2 company to another. Obviously, you would be limited to a company that is at least 50% or more owned by persons from your treaty country that are on E-2 status or could be classified as such.

2) Yes, as I stated above.

3) You can change status to another status as long as you file for the change of status before your current status ends (it is ok that your current status end after you file a change of status because while the change of status is pending, you are considered to be in a stay authorized by the Attorney General) and as long as you can qualify for that new status.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions and there is no additional charge. Also, should you need to chat on the phone, private email or need help reviewing documentation, I am happy to do so for a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested in these – I am happy to give you more details! When we are done, if you would be so kind as to leave a positive rating for my service, I would sincerely ***** ***** You can do that by clicking on the 3rd, 4th or 5th stars if you see them, or the smiley faces if you see them. If you do not see any stars or smiley faces, please at least leave a THANK YOU for me so I can let the administrators know. Your question thread does NOT close, so you can ask additional questions without additional charge even after leaving a positive rating. Thank you for your understanding.

Hello William. I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? Please let me know. Thank you!

Hello. I'm just following up with you again to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? Please let me know. Thank you!