Ask Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. Your Own...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  10+ years of experience in various aspects of U.S. Immigration Law.
9200179

I got married in October 2014 Received Conditional Card June

Customer Question

I got married in October 2014
Received Conditional Green Card June 2015
What is the soonest I can apply for a permanent Green Card to remove restrictions?
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 8 months ago.

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 13 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help.

Are you still married to the U.S. Citizen? Are you planning to stay together and build a life together?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Hello Guillermo. Yes we are still married and planning to stay together. I would like to speed up the process to remove restrictions from my current status. What is the soonest I can start applying? We got married in October 2014 and I received my green card in June 2015.

Assuming that your conditional green card is for 2 years and it expires June 2017, the earlier you can apply is 90 days before the expiration, so around March 2017. After it is approved, if you have more than 3 years of being a green card holder, then you can apply for U.S. Citizenship as long as your intent is to stay together and build a life together. If not, then you should wait until you have 5 years of marriage.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions and there is no additional charge. Also, should you need to chat on the phone, private email or need help reviewing documentation, I am happy to do so for a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested in these – I am happy to give you more details! When we are done, if you would be so kind as to leave a positive rating for my service, I would sincerely ***** ***** You can do that by clicking on the 3rd, 4th or 5th stars if you see them, or the smiley faces if you see them. If you do not see any stars or smiley faces, please at least leave a THANK YOU for me so I can let the administrators know. Your question thread does NOT close, so you can ask additional questions without additional charge even after leaving a positive rating. Thank you for your understanding.

Hello Nika. I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? Please let me know. Thank you!

Hello. I'm just following up with you again to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? Please let me know. Thank you!