Ask Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. Your Own...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  10+ years of experience in various aspects of U.S. Immigration Law.
9200179

Just a question. What if someone put on a application that u

Customer Question

Just a question. What if someone put on a application that u are married and that person wasn't married before , and then that person got married legally now and try to put there papers in to apply for a green . Would that affect the process of getting a green card .....?
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 13 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help.

Sounds like they put that they were married in order to get a visitor visa to come to visit so that U.S. immigration would think that they were leaving a spouse behind that they would go back to, correct? In other words, it was false information to try to have a better chance to get a visa?

I do not know why you are not responding, but you are not charged per question, per response, nor per answer. So after I give you my answer, you can continue to ask me questions without additional charge until you are satisfied. I apologize if it is a site issue that you posted and the post did not go through.

If they lied and cannot come up with a divorce certificate to move forward with the case because there was never such a marriage, then to continue to move forward, the person will need to disclose the truth and then because they lied, they will need an I-601 waiver to forgive the lie. Here is a link to that:

https://www.uscis.gov/i-601

If approved, then no problem, they will get the green card. If the I-601 is denied, the person can appeal but if the appeal is lost, then they cannot get a green card.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions and there is no additional charge. Also, should you need to chat on the phone, private email or need help reviewing documentation, I am happy to do so for a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested in these – I am happy to give you more details! When we are done, if you would be so kind as to leave a positive rating for my service, I would sincerely ***** ***** You can do that by clicking on the 3rd, 4th or 5th stars if you see them, or the smiley faces if you see them. If you do not see any stars or smiley faces, please at least leave a THANK YOU for me so I can let the administrators know. Your question thread does NOT close, so you can ask additional questions without additional charge even after leaving a positive rating. Thank you for your understanding.

Hello. I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? Please let me know. Thank you!

Hello. I'm just following up with you again to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? Please let me know. Thank you!