Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed Attorney
26296561

I just got arrested, I was very stupid to do so. I just got

Customer Question

Hello, I just got arrested for shoplifting, I was very stupid to do so. I just got released under a bail. I've never been arrested before, I have an imagination case and I'm scheduled for tomorrow morning. What is your advice to me, thank you.
JA: The Immigration Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: No I haven't they just released me at 9:00pm
JA: Is there anything else the Immigration Lawyer should be aware of?
Customer: And I'm scheduled for tomorrow at 9:00
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Immigration Lawyer about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 8 months ago.

Hello. My name is***** am a US licensed attorney and I will be happy to answer your question.
I am sorry to hear about this unfortunate situation.
Please note, I cannot comment on your specific situation, as this services is only limited to general information and for any legal advice / legal service you should contact your local attorney.

I am not permitted to tell JustAnswer.com what to do in their specific situation or list all of the legal rights that might potential apply in any specific situation, as such legal advice can only be provided by your local attorney, upon review of your entire case.

I can however, provide you with a general answer, if you have a legal question for me?

Thank you.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Hello, I have an immigration case and I got arrested today for action stupid. What is my chances?
Thank you

Thank you for your follow up.

What type of an immigration case do you have?

Do you have a local immigration attorney representing you in your immigration case?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I have an immigration lawyer, and I wanted to contact him but I was released late, and I'm scheduled for tomorrow morning. And my case is a removal proceeding.

Thank you for your follow up.

While I cannot comment on your specific case, generally, a new criminal charge will reduce the chances of avoiding removal / deportation, especially if the person subject to removal proceedings is found guilty of the crime, so it is important to discuss the situation with the local attorney and also discuss the option of voluntary departure, rather than to face deportation, which is likely under similar circumstances.

I wish you the best of luck!

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Any advice about what I should say tomorrow.
Thank you so much.

Thank you for your follow up.

I cannot provide JustAnswer.com customers with any advice, but it is generally important to have local immigration attorney to be present with you during your removal proceedings hearing and if your local attorney will not be there, to ask the judge to continue the case, so a local counsel / attorney can be consulted and present during the hearing.

I wish you the best of luck!

Please let me know if you have any related follow up questions?
If not, please positively rate and accept my answer, so I can be compensated for my work.
Thank you.