Ask Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. Your Own...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  10+ years of experience in various aspects of U.S. Immigration Law.
9200179

I am renewing my US B1/B2 visa as I am travelling to the US

Customer Question

Hi, I am renewing my US B1/B2 visa as I am travelling to the US in September. My concern is that the last time I was issued a visa due to the fact that I had committed a criminal offence (a minor drug related offence, 24 years ago, received a conditional discharge at the time) it was necessary to relinquish my passport and have it sent to the US for processing. I am worried that this may happen again even though I was granted a visa before and still have the passport containing it. The earliest appointment available is in June, just 3 months before my trip. I am concerned I will not get the passport back in time. Will I have to relinquish it again or is there a fast track system (however expensive) that I can use? I'm due to go for a wedding and I would be very upset if I have to miss it.
I look forward to nay advice you can give me.
Kind Regards
Andrew
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 13 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help.

You had to apply for and receive a 212(d)(3) waiver?

There really is no "fast-track" system, but you can ask them to expedite your case. Here is a link:

http://www.uscis.gov/forms/expedite-criteria

Here is also a link to the waiver information as well:

http://www.ilw.com/articles/2003,0930-labrie.shtm

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions and there is no additional charge. Also, should you need to chat on the phone, private email or need help reviewing documentation, I am happy to do so for a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested in these – I am happy to give you more details! When we are done, if you would be so kind as to leave a positive rating for my service, I would sincerely ***** ***** You can do that by clicking on the 3rd, 4th or 5th stars if you see them, or the smiley faces if you see them. If you do not see any stars or smiley faces, please at least leave a THANK YOU for me so I can let the administrators know. Your question thread does NOT close, so you can ask additional questions without additional charge even after leaving a positive rating. Thank you for your understanding.

Hello Andrew. I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? Please let me know. Thank you!