Judith
Judith, Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  34 years as practicing immigration attorney, with non-immigrant and immigrant visa experience.
12467490

Greetings! I have a friend who petitions fiance. He has

Customer Question

Greetings!
I have a friend who petitions for his fiance. He has filed for a little over 1 year and when he checks with USCIS, he keeps getting "it is in security check' and it is in normal processing time. He is very frustrated because it has been over a year. Does anyone knows what should he do to speed up the process? thank you in advance for your response.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Judith replied 8 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I am delighted to answer your questions today. I have 35 years experience as an immigration lawyer.

It is not common but it does happen that there is some cause for extensive security investigation and the FBI is very backlogged in these type of cases.

Your friend can contact his US Senator's office and request them to open a "congressional inquiry"

He would start with completing the online request for Sen. Cornyn

https://www.cornyn.senate.gov/content/immigration-visas

They wold then get in touchc with him to have him sign a privacy release so USCIS can communicate with him about his case.

Of course, I am sure you understand your positive rating is very important to me as we are not on salary and that is how we receive compensation, you choosing a smiley face or 3+ stars
In the future, you may begin your questions with “FOR JUDITH” and I will be your personal immigration expert.

Judith