Jennifer Marie, Esq.
Jennifer Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney
Experience:  She has worked on all types of U.S. Immigration cases since 2007.

Can a Mexico City native file a visa application at any

Customer Question

Can a Mexico City native file a visa application at any location in Mexico and which location files an application the quickest.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Jennifer Marie, Esq. replied 7 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be the immigration attorney helping you today.

First you have to fill out the DS-160 application online for a visa application. Then once you do that, you will make an appointment with the US embassy/consulate having jurisdiction over your place of residence (closest to you) . The delay in processing each one varies too much and I would not know which one is fastest at the moment unfortunately.

Good luck to you during this process and I hope this answer has helped you!

If you are not satisfied with my answer or if I did not understand your question correctly, please ask me for clarification and I will be glad to clarify. Your satisfaction is my goal.

Please kindly remember to issue a POSITIVE RATING now before you leave this page by choosing from the ratings. This is very important since it is how I receive credit for my service from what you paid.
This question will NOT close after you rate me even though it says "To Finish..". So after rating me, feel free to ask me any follow up questions at no additional cost .

Any bonus you wish to provide will be very appreciated.

If you have other NEW questions in the future, you can make sure that I answer it for you if you start your new question post with the words "FOR JENNIFER " or write it in the Subject Line.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I was told by an immigration attorney here in Tucson that we could file at any place and Nogales was the quickest and Mexico City the slowest. Wanted to verify with you
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Really not informative

You can choose the consulate/embassy nearest to where you are when you fill out the application for visa online. So in essence you can choose the one you want but usually people pick the one closest to where they are.

There is no way to know exactly which consulate/embassy will be the fastest at the time that someone applies. As I said the time changes. So if an attorney is telling you that Nogales is certainly the fastest it is a lie. It is often one of the fastest but I cannot guarantee that it is the fastest when you apply.

I hope this clarifies more. I'm sorry if you still don't find this informative but I cannot lie to you. Hopefully I have earned your positive rating.

Hello again.. I see that you read my answer that I sent you a few days ago. Please let me know if you have any follow up questions I can answer for you. Hopefully I can earn your positive rating, which you would have to issue manually using the stars or happy face. That is the only we experts receive credit. We don't receive a salary here. Thanks for your consideration.