Jen Marie, Esq.
Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney
Experience:  She has worked on all types of U.S. Immigration cases since 2007.
28679807

My greencard expired and I was dropped from Disability. Now

Customer Question

my greencard expired and I was dropped from Disability. Now 21/2 yearslater I have my greencard and they want me to start over. I am a permanent resident alien and it was permanent Disability
Category: Immigration Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
can I get retro payments to get me into somewhere I lost my place to live and I aam in more pain now...
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
should I get a lawyer
Expert:  Jen Marie, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be the immigration attorney helping you today.

Yes, I would recommend that you get a disability/social security attorney to try to get you retro pay because you were a permanent resident the entire time even if your green card had expired. Just because your green card expired does not mean that you have lost your lawful resident status, only that you have no valid proof of your status.

Good luck to you during this process and I hope this answer has helped you!

If you are not satisfied with my answer or if I did not understand your question correctly, please ask me for clarification and I will be glad to clarify. Your satisfaction is my goal.

Please kindly remember to issue a POSITIVE RATING now before you leave this page by choosing from the ratings. This is very important since it is how I receive credit for my service from what you paid.
This question will NOT close after you rate me even though it says "To Finish..". So after rating me, feel free to ask me any follow up questions at no additional cost .

Any bonus you wish to provide will be very appreciated.

If you have other NEW questions in the future, you can make sure that I answer it for you if you start your new question post with the words "FOR JENNIFER " or write it in the Subject Line.

Hello again.. I see that you read my answer that I sent you a few days ago. Please let me know if you have any follow up questions I can answer for you. Hopefully I can earn your positive rating, which you would have to issue manually using the stars or happy face. That is the only we experts receive credit. We don't receive a salary here. Thanks for your consideration.