Jennifer Marie, Esq.
Jennifer Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney
Experience:  She has worked on all types of U.S. Immigration cases since 2007.
28679807

I'm wondering if there is some way i can enter the USA from

Customer Question

Hello, I'm wondering if there is some way i can enter the USA from Australia for work, even though i have a criminal record.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Jennifer Marie, Esq. replied 8 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be the immigration attorney helping you today.

What crimes have you been convicted of?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Driving with illicit drug present in blood (THC), I was fined $500 and lost my licence for 3 months. 17/12/2015
Driving with suspended licence, without conviction, good behaviour bond for 12 months. 18/6/2015
Customer: replied 8 months ago.

Ok thanks for the explanation. You can apply for a work visa and be honest about your criminal history and take the documentations for the court to the interview. If you are denied the visa based on the conviction, then you can ask to apply for a INA 212(d)(3) waiver also called the Hranka waiver. If granted, you will be allowed to enter on the US temporarily.

Here is more information on the visa and how to apply http://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/applying-nonimmigrant-visa-hranka-waiver.html . They will also help you in the US embassy/consulate if need be.

I know immigration issues sometimes seem complicated and confusing. If at any time you would like to have a more detailed consultation by phone or if you need help with application preparation or review, I can send you an offer for this legal service to you for a reasonable fee later on. You don't have to decide if you would like that now, but just letting you know it's an affordable option for you to keep in mind.

Good luck to you during this process and I hope this answer has helped you!

If you are not satisfied with my answer or if I did not understand your question correctly, please ask me for clarification and I will be glad to clarify. Your satisfaction is my goal.

Please kindly remember to issue a POSITIVE RATING now before you leave this page by choosing from the ratings. This is very important since it is how I receive credit for my service from what you paid.
This question will NOT close after you rate me even though it says "To Finish..". So after rating me, feel free to ask me any follow up questions at no additional cost .

Any bonus you wish to provide will be very appreciated.

If you have other NEW questions in the future, you can make sure that I answer it for you if you start your new question post with the words "FOR JENNIFER " or write it in the Subject Line.

Hello again.. I am just checking whether you were able to read my answer that I sent you a few days ago. Please let me know if you have any follow up questions I can answer for you. Hopefully I can earn your positive rating, which you would have to issue manually using the stars or happy face. Thanks for your consideration.