Jennifer Marie, Esq.
Jennifer Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney
Experience:  She has worked on all types of U.S. Immigration cases since 2007.

I am on H1B visa status Snce past 2-3 months i am actively

Customer Question

JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: i am on H1B visa status Snce past 2-3 months i am actively participating in option trading will that effect my visa status
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Immigration Lawyers generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Immigration Law
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I am on H1b visa staus. I am actively participating in day trading since past 3 months. Will that effect my visa status. Please advise.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
options trading especially.
Expert:  Jennifer Marie, Esq. replied 7 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I Will be the immigration attorney helping you today.

It depends what you mean by "actively participating." If you are only doing about 5day trades a week or so, it should be fine. However, if you are trading multiple trades on a daily basis then USICS' opinion is that you are taking an active interest in trading, which is not allowed. You can only do passive trading.

What is important also is fay trading is that you are trading the money that you have invested and are not being paid for those actual trades. In other words, that you are just receiving the returns on that investment and that's it. Also it's important that the trading does not interfere with your H-1B duties and you still work with your employer for the hours and tasks you are given.

Good luck to you during this process and I hope this answer has helped you!

If you are not satisfied with my answer or if I did not understand your question correctly, please ask me for clarification and I will be glad to clarify. Your satisfaction is my goal.

Please kindly remember to issue a POSITIVE RATING now before you leave this page by choosing from the ratings. This is very important since it is how I receive credit for my service from what you paid.
This question will NOT close after you rate me even though it says "To Finish..". So after rating me, feel free to ask me any follow up questions at no additional cost .

Any bonus you wish to provide will be very appreciated.

If you have other NEW questions in the future, you can make sure that I answer it for you if you start your new question post with the words "FOR JENNIFER " or write it in the Subject Line.

Hello again.. I see that you were able to read my answer that I sent you a few days ago. Please let me know if you have any follow up questions I can answer for you. Hopefully I can earn your positive rating, which you would have to issue manually using the stars or happy face. Thanks for your consideration.