Ask Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. Your Own...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  10+ years of experience in various aspects of U.S. Immigration Law.
9200179

I am card holder my doctor advised me knee replacement

Customer Question

i am green card holder my doctor advised me for both knee replacement surgery how i can bring my son to look after me. My Husband is here but is 64 years old and can't take care of me alone.
My other son is an IT profession working with IBM in Saudi Arabia and he wants work here, he has B1 visa he can come here but how can he legally work.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 8 months ago.

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 13 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help.

Is he going to come to be here temporarily to help, or is he going to come to work? Those are two different things and he may not be able to do both.

I do not know why you are not responding, but you are not charged per question, per response, nor per answer. So after I give you my answer, you can continue to ask me questions without additional charge until you are satisfied. I apologize if it is a site issue that you posted and the post did not go through.

For your son that is an IT professional, he may be able to get an H-1B professional visa.

The information on the H-1B is basically that he must have a job offer, the job offer must be for a company that is offering a position that is related to his degree and experience. The position must also normally require a bachelor's degree or higher. The company must have a need for someone in that position and must have the resources to be able to pay him what is normally paid to someone in that position. All these things must be provable with financials, business plan, etc. Also, because they are used up for this year, he will need to apply on April 1, 2016 to start working on October 1, 2016 or later. The exception is if he applies for a cap-exempt job and those are at an institution of higher education or its affiliated or related nonprofit entities or a nonprofit research organization, or a government research organization. Those are not subject to this numerical cap.

Here is an official link to the H-1B:

http://www.uscis.gov/working-united-states/temporary-workers/h-1b-specialty-occupations-dod-cooperative-research-and-development-project-workers-and-fashion-models

Here is a link to the cap:

http://www.uscis.gov/news/uscis-reaches-fy-2015-h-1b-cap

For your other son, he could apply for a B-2 tourist visa to come temporarily, but he cannot work. Here is a link:

http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/visit/visitor.html

Or he could apply for a Humanitarian Parole that also would allow him to visit temporarily, but not work. Here is the link:

http://www.uscis.gov/humanitarian/humanitarian-parole

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions and there is no additional charge. Also, should you need to chat on the phone, private email or need help reviewing documentation, I am happy to do so for a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested in these – I am happy to give you more details! When we are done, if you would be so kind as to leave a positive rating for my service, I would sincerely ***** ***** You can do that by clicking on the 3rd, 4th or 5th stars if you see them, or the smiley faces if you see them. If you do not see any stars or smiley faces, please at least leave a THANK YOU for me so I can let the administrators know. Your question thread does NOT close, so you can ask additional questions without additional charge even after leaving a positive rating. Thank you for your understanding.

Hello Syed. I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? Please let me know. Thank you!

Hello Syed. Thank you for your kindness and respect. Good luck to you.