Judith, Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  34 years as practicing immigration attorney, with non-immigrant and immigrant visa experience.

Is it possible to file PERM labor new employer in few days?

Customer Question

Is it possible to file PERM labor for a new employer in few days?
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Judith replied 7 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I am delighted to answer your questions today. I have 35 years experience as an immigration lawyer.

No, it takes at minimum 2-3 months.

First the employer must obtain a prevailing wage determination from the Dept of Labor.

Second, the employer must place a recruitment ad with the local State Workforce Agency for 30 days opening the position to a US worker.

Third if it is a professional position 3 further recruitment sources must be used to recruit US workers.

All recruitment must be open for 30 days and then the employer must interview any possibly qualified US workers for the job opening within 30 days of the recruitment period closing.

These steps must be taken before the PERM may be filed.

Of course, I am sure you understand your positive rating is very important to me as we are not on salary and that is how we receive compensation, you choosing a smiley face or 3+ stars
In the future, you may begin your questions with “FOR JUDITH” and I will be your personal immigration expert.