Ask Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. Your Own...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  10+ years of experience in various aspects of U.S. Immigration Law.
9200179

Only!) At end end of the last question you said: Regardless,

Customer Question

For GUILLERMO (only!)At end end of the last question you said:
Regardless, I STRONGLY recommend using an immigration attorney to process an Asylum case and do it from the beginning because the first chance before an Asylum Officer is the best chance. It is harder before an Immigration Judge.Can you elaborate on this recommendation aside comparison of difficulty of getting the case done with the Immigration court.Perhaps you could come up with top 10 blunders that one who would venture doing it by yourself and save money is risking and why it's so highly recommended to hire attorney instead?
Or maybe you can list the situations of how you in your experience were able to save Asylum cases which an applicant by himself would not have had ability to save -- even if due to lack of specialized knowledge or ability to apply it like an attorney would be, or communicate with immigration officer as a representative of law (using concrete examples are accessible language).Thanks
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Sure, I can provide a few:

1) Not providing adequate evidence.

2) Not providing accurate testimony.

3) Getting flustered during testimony.

4) Not meeting all the elements required.

5) Not providing convincing arguments.

Asylum cases are complex and intricate. I would not advise doing one without an attorney. You would be doing a disservice to your friend if you tried to help them do it on their own. Let me know if you need anything else, but please do not forget to rate me positively. You can do that by clicking on the 3rd, 4th or 5th stars if you see them, or the smiley faces if you see them. Thank you!