Judith
Judith, Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  34 years as practicing immigration attorney, with non-immigrant and immigrant visa experience.
12467490

My husband of 26 years met a Romanian has sent her over 50K,

Customer Question

My husband of 26 years met a Romanian has sent her over 50K, they have made it seem more than it is, he has read all that he needs todo, he presented her with a ring and announced his engagement to her while we are married. In 1997 he brought a philipino girl here fraudulently, I have the papers, and she disappeared shortly after arriving. How can I notify US immigration? He has spent thousands on bribing the necessary Romanian government officials. She has threatened me and my children. And has convinced my husband he s pursued by demons and she must come here to help him. What started out as a fling has now robbed me and my children of a minimum of 50k
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Judith replied 8 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I am delighted to answer your questions today. I have 35 years experience as an immigration lawyer.

Do you know for sure a fiance visa petition was filed in both cases?

It is form I-129F and is filed with USCIS at one of these addresses:

USCIS
P.O. Box 660151
Dallas, TX 75266

For USPS Express Mail and courier deliveries:
USCIS
Attn: I-129F
2501 South State Highway 121 Business
Suite 400
Lewisville, TX 75067

If you firmly believe such a fraudulent petition has been filed your husband can be prosecuted by the government for the fraud and serve up to 5 years in jail and up to $250,000 fine.

That being said, you may make an appointment with the nearest USCIS office through InfoPass and give this information to the USCIS officer there.

https://infopass.uscis.gov/

They have the ability to look up in the PIMS - Petition Information Management System the most recent petition by his name, date and place of birth and begin an investigation. You need to be award that if he has done so it is subject to criminal prosecution.

There is nothing you can do about his bribes to Romanian officials except report those to the Romanian Embassy. US government law enforcement has no control over violation of Romanian laws.

As for any prosecution of the Romanian citizen, it may or may not happen. First, she would have had to have fraudulently applied for the fiance visa after your husband's petition was approved.

If she is threatening you harm, you can contact the FBi who would have jurisdiction over such crimes.

https://www.fbi.gov/report-threats-and-crime

Of course, I am sure you understand your positive rating is very important to me as we are not on salary and that is how we receive compensation, you choosing a smiley face or 3+ stars
In the future, you may begin your questions with “FOR JUDITH” and I will be your personal immigration expert.

Judith

Expert:  Judith replied 8 months ago.

I am happy to answer any additional questions for you, and have also offered you a telephone call to help you with clarity regarding action you can take.

Judith