Expert James
Expert James, Immigration Attorney
Experience:  Write FOR JAMES to get my help!
23431962

The company ring me is having trouble with an LCA being

Customer Question

The company hiring me is having trouble with an LCA being denied because of section g.11 b not being filled out correctly. They are using a custom survey for the prevailing wage. I have been told by them that they are selecting "other" in section 11 and the. In section 11a they are putting the date of they survey and then in 11b they are putting both name of the company and the name of the survey. They are getting very confused and I would like to help get the process completed. The application is for an LCA for an e3 visa.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Expert James replied 1 year ago.

I see the background to the question, but what is your specific question?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm wanting to know why this would be happening, because they have followed all the instruction and it keeps coming back denied based on the same issue.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Or some of the common problems people have with submitting a custom survey with a title within section g.11

OK, in what format and what is the exact information they are writing in that space?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I asked for some more information on what they were submitting. This is a segment of an email they have sent the following to the DOL asking them for clarification.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Here

OK, thank you very much. And my sincerest apologies for the delay. I was already away for the evening, when you responded to me. Please note it was more than 8 hours after I responded, that you answered my requests for information.

Kindly remember to give me a positive rating before leaving this site today. I do not get a salary here, so your positive rating is the only way I am rewarded for doing my job. If that does not happen, it is as if I never worked, which I am sure you agree would not be an ideal outcome. So please do not forget to give me 3 or more stars, or any smiling faces, in order to help me get credit for doing my job. Thank you!

ANSWER: The following comes directly from the DOL. Keep in mind that these are only examples of how the information should be entered:

Box G.11 Prevailing wage source (choose only one): "Other"

Box G.11a Year source published: "2012"

Box G.11b If “OES” and NPC did not issue prevailing wage OR “Other” in question 11, specify source: "XYZ Wage Surveys: Custom Survey"

So in this case, the employer should enter: "HR Values: Custom Survey"

You can find this information at the following link: https://www.foreignlaborcert.doleta.gov/pdf/H_1B_H_1B1_E_3_FAQ032712.pdf

I hope I have answered your questions. If you want a 30 minute phone call to discuss this or anything else, let me know. I can send you an offer for that.

Otherwise, kindly rate my customer service with a positive rating so I get credit for doing my job. You can keep asking questions even after you have given a rating.

REMINDER: I do not get a salary here, so your positive rating for my customer service is the only way I am rewarded for doing my job. If that does not happen, it is as if I never worked; I am sure you agree that would not be an ideal outcome. So please do not forget to give me 3 or more stars, or any smiling faces, in order to help me get credit for doing my job.

Keep in mind, you are not rating the state of the law or the outcome of your situation, which I cannot control. You are rating my customer service. Believe me that I always want to give you good news. But if the outcome is not what you wanted, blame the government and the law, not me. I am only a messenger.

Negative ratings are reserved for Professionals who are rude or unprofessional. Giving me a negative rating does not help you get a different answer or outcome. So do not give a negative rating if you need more help, or if I misunderstood your question. Instead click REPLY so I can continue to assist you.

A BONUS is appreciated, if you feel I've earned it.

If you have questions in the future, write FOR JAMES in the question and I will be your personal Expert in this category.

Thank you!

Hi, I’m just checking in to see how things are going and to confirm that you received my answers.

I have not yet received a rating for my customer service. Do you need more help or need me to explain anything else? Please respond so that I know what to do next.

Thank you.