Judith Ludwic
Judith Ludwic, Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  34 years as practicing immigration attorney, with non-immigrant and immigrant visa experience.
12467490

My family including 4 persons was sponsored by my sister

Customer Question

My family including 4 persons was sponsored by my sister from 2002 then we were accepted to settle in The U.S.A, in October 2015 except one daughter who got married and over 21 years of age. Now can we (her parents) sponsor my daughter (including her child and her husband) to reunite in The U.S.A.?
Thank you in advance for your kindness.
Sincerely,
Hung ******
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Judith Ludwic replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I am delighted to answer your questions today. I have 35 years experience as an immigration lawyer.

As the married adult child of a permanent resident you cannot petition your daughter.

You must first become a US citizen and then it will take about 12 years. Those married children whose petitions were filed in Nov 2014 are now being processed for their immigrant visas.

Of course, I am sure you understand your positive rating is very important to me as we are not on salary and that is how we receive compensation, you choosing a smiley face or 3+ stars
In the future, you may begin your questions with “FOR JUDITH” and I will be your personal immigration expert.

Judith