Law Educator, Esq., Immigration Law Answer Team
Experience:  Immigration Law Expert
10285032

I am inviting a Moroccan passport holder, living in Italy

Customer Question

I am inviting a Moroccan passport holder, living in Italy (two-year visa leading to permanent residency) to Australia, my home.
Have been unable to find if she can apply online, and where?
Category: Immigration Law
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Please be aware that I am asking about Australian immigration procedures, not US. A Moroccan passport holder living in Italy, wanting to get an Australian tourist visa for three weeks. Anticipated arrival to Sydney 01/05/2016.Would you be able to handle the application process?Thank youJ (-:
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 8 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
We cannot represent anyone from this site. You can visit http://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Visi, this site only tells you the types of visas that can be applied for. Your friend will have to actually apply for the visa through the Australian embassy/consulate in order to obtain the visa. Morocco is NOT one of the approved countries for the ETA visa from Australia. Here is the list of approved countries for an online visa:
Austria Belgium Brunei Canada Denmark Finland France Germany Greece Hong Kong (SAR of China) Iceland Ireland
Italy Japan Liechtenstein Luxembourg Malaysia Malta
Monaco Norway Portugal Singapore South Korea Spain
Sweden Switzerland Taiwan The Netherlands UK—British Citizen UK—British National (Overseas) United States Vatican City
So, as an Italian visa holder you can apply for an electronic visa, but not your friend, they have to go through the Australian consulate/embassy for their visa.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Dear Sir,Sorry but you have not answered my question!Which consulate should the application be sent to? In person, by post?I do not need a list of irrelevant information, e.g. which countries can apply online. This information only fills a page, pretending to be an answer.I have pointed out that my question involves Australian immigration procedures. Are you an Australian lawyer?Please provided a relevant answer or return the money charged. I feel angry about this waste of timeJosephThe question was how and where to apply! Please refund the money charged as I have not received the replyThank youJ )-:
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Please respond by email to my address:
********
It is 1 AM in Sydney and I need to go to work in the morning,
Thank you
J
PS I have missed, am unable to see, the prompt 'Rate me'. Obviously, I would rate 0, i.e. total dissatisfaction. Sorry I don't mean to be impolite. Hopefully you see my point
J
Thank you for your kind response. No need to be rude or threaten the expert, we will gladly answer all of your follow up questions, just use reply and ask them. The information above was not really irrelevant and most all of our other customers would call it thorough so they had a full explanation and understanding of their issue. In the future if you do not want a thorough answer, please tell us up front so we know.
I am a REAL person and it takes time to respond to you, so I would thank you for the courtesy of your patience.
First of all I have no idea where in Italy you are, but here is the information on the Australian embassy in Italy: http://italy.embassy.gov.au/
Your friend has to go into the embassy IN PERSON with their Moroccan passport and apply for the visa there. It cannot be done on the phone or by email or electronically, it has to be done in person because they need to see the original passport.
The answer is indeed based on Australian immigration procedures, as it would be foolish to give you immigration procedures of some other country. Many people have benefited by the same information we have provided them just like we provided you above, so please remain professional and courteous in our interactions, thank you.