Expert James
Expert James, Immigration Attorney
Experience:  Write FOR JAMES to get my help!
23431962

I am in US on L1A visa planning to apply through different

Customer Question

Hi ***** ***** This is Sachin I am in US on L1A visa planning to apply for H1B through different employer in the consular option My L1A Visa is until feb2017 Wanted to know if i get my H1B petition approved in Aug 2016 do i need to leave my current employer and join new employer on 1st Oct
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Anything specific you want to know I have stayed in US on L1B for 19M earlier ,now on L1A for last 19 Months
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Immigration Lawyers generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Immigration Law
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Expert James replied 9 months ago.

Hello! Thank you for using Just Answer. I am James. I will be assisting you. Please view this as a casual conversation. We will chat back and forth until I have all of the necessary information I need to give you a thorough answer.

Once you have received your answer, you will be asked to rate my customer service. This is very important. I do not get a salary here. Your rating is the only way I get credit for doing my job. So please do not forget to do that by giving me a positive rating with 3 or more stars or any of the smiling faces.

Also, if you want me to be your personal Expert, just write FOR JAMES at the beginning of any future, new questions, and I will be happy to help you as your personal Expert.

QUESTION: This is Sachin I am in US on L1A visa planning to apply for H1B through different employer in the consular option My L1A Visa is until feb2017 Wanted to know if i get my H1B petition approved in Aug 2016 do i need to leave my current employer and join new employer on 1st Oct

ANSWER: No, not if you seek the H1B status through consular processing. But if you do a change of status, then yes, your status goes from L1 to H1B automatically, on October 1, 2016, unless you are not in the US at the time.

I hope I have answered your questions. If you want a 30 minute phone call to discuss this or anything else, let me know. I can send you an offer for that.

Otherwise, kindly rate my customer service with a positive rating so I get credit for doing my job. You can keep asking questions even after you have given a rating.

REMINDER: I do not get a salary here, so your positive rating for my customer service is the only way I am rewarded for doing my job. If that does not happen, it is as if I never worked; I am sure you agree that would not be an ideal outcome. So please do not forget to give me 3 or more stars, or any smiling faces, in order to help me get credit for doing my job.

Keep in mind, you are not rating the state of the law or the outcome of your situation, which I cannot control. You are rating my customer service. Believe me that I always want to give you good news. But if the outcome is not what you wanted, blame the government and the law, not me. I am only a messenger.

Negative ratings are reserved for Professionals who are rude or unprofessional. Giving me a negative rating does not help you get a different answer or outcome. So do not give a negative rating if you need more help, or if I misunderstood your question. Instead click REPLY so I can continue to assist you.

A BONUS is appreciated, if you feel I've earned it.

If you have questions in the future, write FOR JAMES in the question and I will be your personal Expert in this category.

Thank you!

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
My L1A is getting expired on Feb 2017 and I am planning to continue in US until April 2017. Now if My H1B is approved in Aug 2016 in Consular option . I don't change my status ,how do i extend my stay beyond Feb 2017 on L1A using I-94 route , At this stage i don't want to join H1B employer and continue with my existing employer

Sir/Madam,

This sounds like a new question. First you asked whether you would automatically be in H1B, and now you are asking how to stay in L1.

Hi, I’m just checking in to see how things are going and to confirm that you received my answers.

I have not yet received a rating for my customer service. Do you need more help or need me to explain anything else? Please respond so that I know what to do next.

Thank you.