Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice in several areas, including immigration
7286322

I'm on an L1 visa, my wife and 2 children are on L2. We have

Customer Question

I'm on an L1 visa, my wife and 2 children are on L2. We have applied for a divorce, but we are concerned with the implications the marital status change can have for my wifes ability to remain in US. I will still be paying for her apartment and all costs, so she is a de facto dependent, but I'd like to know what our options are? I'm thinking of limiting it to a legal separation or my wife applying for a visa on her own. She's got 2 master degrees.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Expert James replied 8 months ago.

Hello! Thank you for using Just Answer. I am James. I will be assisting you. Please view this as a casual conversation. We will chat back and forth until I have all of the necessary information I need to give you a thorough answer.

Once you have received your answer, you will be asked to rate my customer service. This is very important. I do not get a salary here. Your rating is the only way I get credit for doing my job. So please do not forget to do that by giving me a positive rating with 3 or more stars or any of the smiling faces.

Also, if you want me to be your personal Expert, just write FOR JAMES at the beginning of any future, new questions, and I will be happy to help you as your personal Expert.

If you understand that, please answer the following:

I see the background of your questions, but I do not see any specific question posed. What are your specific questions?