Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice in several areas, including immigration
7286322

I am a US citizen and have a friend who lives in Elsalvador.

Customer Question

I am a US citizen and have a friend who lives in Elsalvador . This friend is looking to come here illegally with her children Ages five and two. I have tried to discourage her from this but if she is caught by immigration am I able to sponsor them?
JA: OK. The Immigration Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: No, I just learned about this the other day.
JA: Please tell me everything you can about this issue so the Immigration Lawyer can help you best. Is there anything else the Immigration Lawyer should be aware of?
Customer: I know this family because I do a lot of missions work in El Salvador. She does not have any legal family living in the United States. I do not agree with them trying to come here illegally but if this happens I am just looking at options To help and keep them safe
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Immigration Lawyer about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Ely replied 9 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

I am sorry to hear about this situation. No, someone in your situation could not sponsor them. Sponsors for aliens is only available when the alien is legally immigrating to USA and the sponsor is a member of immediate family or an employer. An illegal alien does not have the ability to have a sponsor "keep" them in USA. Sorry.

Please note: If I tell you simply what you wish to hear, this would be unfair to you. I need to be honest with you and sometimes this means providing information that is not optimal. Negative ratings are reserved for experts who are rude or for erroneous information. Please rate me on the quality of my information; do not punish me for my honesty.

I hope this helps and clarifies. Please use the SEND or REPLY button to keep chatting, or please RATE when finished. You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating. Kindly rate my answer as one of TOP THREE FACES/STARS and then SUBMIT, as this is how experts get credit for our time. Rating my answer the bottom two faces/stars (or failing to submit the rating) does not give me credit and reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct. I work very hard to formulate an informative and honest answer for you; please reciprocate my good faith with a positive rating.

Expert:  Ely replied 8 months ago.
Hello again. This is a courtesy check in to see if you needed anything else in regards ***** ***** question because you never responded or replied positively. I am simply touching base. Let me know. Thanks!