Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice in several areas, including immigration
7286322

My spouse is about to file in forms i 130 and I 485. but we

Customer Question

my spouse is about to file in forms i 130 and I 485 for me . but we are a little below the poverty level. my question here is on the I-864 ,is the sponsor going to indicate on the Form I 864 that i am the principal applicant he will sponsor( excluding my kids and spouse?) and then include his own household when adding up to get the total household size?
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Expert James replied 9 months ago.

Hello! Thank you for using Just Answer. I am James. I will be assisting you. Please view this as a casual conversation. We will chat back and forth until I have all of the necessary information I need to give you a thorough answer.

Once you have received your answer, you will be asked to rate my customer service. This is very important. I do not get a salary here. Your rating is the only way I get credit for doing my job. So please do not forget to do that by giving me a positive rating with 3 or more stars or any of the smiling faces.

Also, if you want me to be your personal immigration Expert, just write FOR JAMES at the beginning of any future, new questions, and I will be happy to help you as your personal Expert.

If you understand that, please answer the following:

How many people will be in the household?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
4 in total. my spouse and i and my 2 kids

Hi there,

Sorry for the delay. I was at lunch when you responded.

I'm a little confused about one thing - you say your spouse is about to file the I-864, and then you say "that i am the principal applicant he will sponsor( excluding my kids and spouse?" He does not sponsor himself. And he cannot have two spouses. Can you please clarify?

Also, specifically which question are you referring to?

Hi, I’m just checking in to see how things are going and to confirm that you received my answers.

Do you need more help or need me to explain anything else? Please respond so that I know what to do next.