Law Educator, Esq., Immigration Law Answer Team
Experience:  Immigration Law Expert
10285032

I had a felony issue back in us, then i told them that i

Customer Question

Hi pearl, i had a felony issue back in us, then i told them that i would be going back to philippines after that day, they called the philippine embassy and told me im free to go, now im wondering if will i be able to apply for a new us visa
JA: OK. The Immigration Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: not yet
JA: Is there anything else the Immigration Lawyer should be aware of?
Customer: none
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Immigration Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 9 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
No, if you were charged with a felony and they voluntarily agreed to let you leave the country, they have a warrant filed for your arrest should you return to the US. This means if you apply for a visa they will deny you based on that warrant and as such you would not be able to obtain a visa.