KJL LAW
KJL LAW, Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney at law Office of KJLLAW
92128996

I work large organization in US and I am on a L1B Visa. I

Customer Question

I work for a large organization in US and I am on a L1B Visa. I recently changed my role (lateral movement) withing the same organization, but will be utilizing my same skillsets. I will also be working based out of the same location. The legal in my organization is asking me to file a new L1B because of change in title. Not sure if this is required.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  KJL LAW replied 9 months ago.
Good morning. Your employer is correct, an H 1B employer is required to file an amended petition if your job duties change significantly to the extent that the job you are doing is no longer the same as what is identified on the original petition, even if the skill set is the same, it's the job duties that make the difference.
It sounds like they believe the job duties are different and that an amendment should be filed.I hope this helps with your question.