Ask Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. Your Own...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  10+ years of experience in various aspects of U.S. Immigration Law.
9200179

How does one correct their maiden name being listed as

Customer Question

How does one correct their maiden name being listed as middle name at time of applying for residency? This went on to be used in the same way for many years on citizenship, social security card, passport and so on. At the time, the person not realizing, this may or may not cause issues in the long run since legally it is not their middle name.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 9 months ago.

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 13 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help.

The person is already a U.S. Citizen? Or they are just now applying for Residency status?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
The person is already a citizen.

Which city and state do they reside in?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Chicago, IL

Ok. Since she has already been through the Residency and U.S. Citizenship process, she would have to do a legal name change in the local court system. Here is a link for Chicago, IL:

http://www.cookcountycourt.org/ABOUTTHECOURT/CountyDepartment/CountyDivision/ChangeofNameProceedings.aspx

Once a judge orders the name change, she will take that judge's order to social security to get a new card and the DMV to get a in driver's license. Same thing with a new passport.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions and there is no additional charge. Also, should you need to chat on the phone, private email or need help reviewing documentation, I am happy to do so for a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested in these – I am happy to give you more details! When we are done, if you would be so kind as to leave a positive rating for my service, I would sincerely ***** ***** You can do that by clicking on the 3rd, 4th or 5th stars if you see them, or the smiley faces if you see them. You can even ask additional questions without additional charge even after leaving a positive rating. Thank you for your understanding.

Hello. I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? Please let me know. Thank you!