Judith Ludwic
Judith Ludwic, Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  34 years as practicing immigration attorney, with non-immigrant and immigrant visa experience.
12467490

I was scheduled interview to have the conditions removed

Customer Question

I was scheduled for my interview to have the conditions removed on my
Greencard. I asked my lawyer if I could reschedule since I had to go abroad and he said it wasn't an issue. I was waiting for a letter with the new date but instead I got a notice of termination and removal. I am devastated. I am still abroad. I have a young US citizen son. Please help.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Judith Ludwic replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I am delighted to answer your questions today. I have 35 years experience as an immigration lawyer.You will need to contact your attorney who will need to file a Motion to Re-open with form I-290B based on Service Error.This happens often when the it is requested that an interview be re-scheduled. Most often the written request does not connect with the file. It is a consistent problem with USCIS. Generally it takes just a couple of weeks for the case to be Re-Opened. If your attorney has evidence of the delivery confirmation for your request then he can also make an InfoPass appointment and try to resolve it without the MTR.Of course, I am sure you understand your positive rating is very important to me as we are not on salary and that is how we receive compensation, you choosing a smiley face or 3+ starsIn the future, you may begin your questions with “FOR JUDITH” and I will be your personal immigration expert.Judith