Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice in several areas, including immigration
7286322

Had a freelance visa from Germany to USA, company signed

Customer Question

had a freelance visa from Germany to USA, company signed over to working visa, fired two weeks later, now i have no visa? is this legal
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 9 months ago.

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 13 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help.

What type of status, H-1B? H-2B? L-1B? I-1?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
im not sure at the moment, this is for my girlfriend and shes not here. she is from germany and was on a freelance visa that she paid for, got hired as a full time employee for a big company who payed to sign over the visa and then fired her less than two weeks later. can she get it back?

Well, let's not speculate. Let's wait until she gets back and you can tell me what type of status she had when she got fired. Also, ask her about any employment contract she may have signed. Do not worry, your question does not time out, so take your time. I have to log out for a bit anyway and should be back in an hour or two.