Judith
Judith, Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  34 years as practicing immigration attorney, with non-immigrant and immigrant visa experience.
12467490

Judith: I married my exhusband before s I485 was approved.

Customer Question

Hi, Judith:I married my exhusband before his I485 was approved. He used form I-824 for my application. I think this is why the categary on my greencard is EB2. I want to no does this mean my greencard is based on employment , not based on marriage.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Judith replied 9 months ago.

OH, yes you were processed as his dependent under his employment based petition and adjustment of status.

That is good because you have not issues with proving a bona fide marriage if that ever came up.

However, you do have to wait the 5 years as I said and file as I recall in January 2017 which is 90 days before your 5 year anniversary date.

Of course, I am sure you understand your positive rating is very important to me as we are not on salary and that is how we receive compensation, you choosing a smiley face or 3+ stars
In the future, you may begin your questions with “FOR JUDITH” and I will be your personal immigration expert.

Judith