Judith
Judith, Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  34 years as practicing immigration attorney, with non-immigrant and immigrant visa experience.
12467490

My name is ***** ***** Ochei, ok let me summarise my story

Customer Question

hello my name is ***** ***** Ochei
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: ok let me summarise my story my wife was meant to birth in the US by april 2016 she got her vise nov2015 visa* i tried applying on monday 22nd feb 2016 i was denied and applied again on 24th from the first reaction of the VO seeing that i was already intervied and denied on the 22nd she didnt giv me a chance to explain myself and told me my wifes visa had been cancelled we've been down bcos she cancelled bcos of me
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Immigration Lawyers generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Judith replied 9 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I am delighted to answer your questions today. I have 35 years experience as an immigration lawyer.

What is your question?

Judith

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Take me to the page
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
ok let me summarise my story my wife was meant to birth in the US by april 2016 she got her vise nov2015 visa* i tried applying on monday 22nd feb 2016 i was denied and applied again on24th from the first reaction of the VO seeing that i was already intervied and denied on the 22nd she didnt giv me a chance to explain myself and told me my wifes visa had been cancelled we've been down bcos she cancelled bcos of me
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
are u there though ?
Expert:  Judith replied 9 months ago.

I am here. I am helping many customers at the same time and take questions in order of receipt.

Did you tell the consul your wife was having a baby here in April?

Are you saying your wife entered with a Border Crossing Card?

I am not clear on what the BCOS is.

Judith

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
i told the consul she's having a baby in April and no she has not even entered the US
Expert:  Judith replied 9 months ago.

Unfortunately you made a huge mistake by trying to get a visa to come to the US to give birth.

The US does not recognize coming to the US for having a baby as a valid tourist purpose. They call this having an "anchor" baby because you are coming here solely to have the child recognized as a US citizen so that the child may one day then get you a green card.

It is against US laws to do this.

You and your wife will have to have the baby in home country and try to apply again for your BCC after the baby is born.

The only exception to this is if this is a medically complicated pregnancy where her or the baby's life is in danger if she is not able to utilize the advanced medical procedures available in the US.

If you can get a letter from the doctor that she is an "at risk" pregnancy and cannot safely deliver in your country because it does not have adequate facilities to handle the crisis, then you and your wife can re-apply based on medical need.

Of course, I am sure you understand your positive rating is very important to me as we are not on salary and that is how we receive compensation, you choosing a smiley face or 3+ stars
In the future, you may begin your questions with “FOR JUDITH” and I will be your personal immigration expert.

Judith