How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Judith Ludwic Your Own Question
Judith Ludwic
Judith Ludwic, Immigration Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 28498
Experience:  34 years as practicing immigration attorney, with non-immigrant and immigrant visa experience.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Judith Ludwic is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have an A2 Visa because my father is a driver Saudi

Customer Question

I have an A2 Visa because my father is a driver for the Saudi Embassy. I would like to become a citizen and stay here because I've been here since kindergarten and I'm a female. My written Arabic is not good! My family is here!
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Judith Ludwic replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I am delighted to answer your questions today. I have 35 years experience as an immigration lawyer.

You cannot get citizenship until you first become a permanent resident for 5 years.

I hear you and the best way for you to remain in the US is to start with going to University and getting your bachelor degree. It would be best if you could change your visa to a student visa F-1 because after graduation you can get Optional Practical Training to work with an employer who would then sponsor you for the H1B work visa.

After you have worked for the employer for about 6 months and they have come to appreciate your skill and expertise you can then approach them about sponsoring your for your green card.

It takes about 12 months to go through the process to get your green card through employment.

If you are currently working and have an employer willing to sponsor you for your green card that is also an option for you if you have employment authorization.

Of course, I am sure you understand your positive rating is very important to me as we are not on salary and that is how we receive compensation, you choosing a smiley face or 3+ stars
In the future, you may begin your questions with “FOR JUDITH” and I will be your personal immigration expert.


Related Immigration Law Questions