Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

I just started a new job in another on the 15 and have an

Customer Question

i just started a new job in another on the 15 and have an I751 interview set for the 2nd. I t requires me to travel to my old address and that will mean i will have to request my empoyer to give me 3 days off which i am worried might not go well. Can i reschedule i751 interview for that reason and then change address to have interview in new state?
JA: OK. To minimize me, please click the down arrow at the top right corner of this box. OK. To minimize me, please click the down arrow at the top right corner of this box. The Immigration Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: not yet. i just want to know if its worth exploring
JA: Is there anything else the Immigration Lawyer should be aware of?
Customer: i sent an RFE end of last year and the letter still says to bring all the documentation. no indication that something is missing
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Immigration Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 9 months ago.

You can request to reschedule the interview. However, it is strongly suggested that you try to keep your current interview date because if you change it, it may be quite a while before you get another interview date. But if there is a likelihood that you would miss the interview because your current employer will not cooperate, then you need to make the request to reschedule the interview following the instructions on your Notice for the Interview.