Ask Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. Your Own...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  10+ years of experience in various aspects of U.S. Immigration Law.
9200179

I am currently trying to figure out how i should go about

Customer Question

hi. i am currently trying to figure out how i should go about filling out the i131 form. i need help doing so. my husband is a disabled veteran. im 29 years old and have been in the u.s since i was 5 days old. i was deported at 15 but came back to the u.s a week later. eventually i want to establish permanent residency.
JA: The Immigration Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: i have had a consultation but haven't signed up with a specific one.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Immigration Lawyer should know?
Customer: no not that i can think of
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Immigration Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 11 months ago.

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 13 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help.

What is your current status? DACA?

I do not know why you are not responding, but you are not charged per question, per response, nor per answer. So after I give you my answer, you can continue to ask me questions without additional charge until you are satisfied. I apologize if it is a site issue that you posted and the post did not go through.

Here is an excellent article that may answer most of your questions:

https://cliniclegal.org/resources/articles-clinic/advance-parole-daca-recipients

After you get the Advance Parole approved, if you use it to come back into the U.S., it is considered to be an inspected entry and if your spouse is a U.S. Citizen, he can petition for you to get Residency and stay. He would need to file an adjustment package. This includes the following forms: I-130 (Petition for family member), I-485 (application for Lawful Permanent Residency), I-765 (Application for work permit), I-131 (Application for Advance Parole), G-325a (Biographic data - one for each of you), I-693 (Medical exam that a certified doctor must fill out), and I-864 (Affidavit of support). You will need to file each form with supporting evidence and appropriate filing fees. You can find these forms at www.uscis.gov/forms.

The supporting evidence that you would file would be birth certificates, marriage certificate, divorce certificates if either of you have been married previously, proof of your spouse's U.S. Citizenship, proof of your legal entry into the U.S. (that being using the Advance Parole), and financial documents of your spouse to prove their income over the last year at least.

In about 3 to 5 months after filing, you should get a work permit and Advance Parole. About 5 to 7 months after filing you should get an interview (though now it is taking longer, so maybe closer to 7 to 9 months). If all goes well, a few weeks later you should get a Residency status (green card).

Please let me know if you have any additional questions as I will be happy to respond, but because this case is the type of case that I love to handle, I will now send you a low-cost offer so that I can pass on my personal phone number and email. I cannot discuss pricing on an open forum, but if you accept, you will see I have multiple services available to you from document review to full representation and all at very reasonable prices. You won't be disappointed as these are my favorite cases to do and have been doing them for many years. If you decline, no problem, you can ask additional questions without any additional charge. But PLEASE remember to leave a positive rating for me. You can do that by clicking on the 3rd, 4th or 5th stars if you see them, or the smiley faces if you see them. Also, a bonus is always appreciated if you feel I earned it. And finally, your question does NOT close just because you leave a positive rating. I can still answer additional questions for you without additional charge. Thank you for your understanding.

Hello. I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? Please let me know. Thank you!

Thank you for your kindness and respect. Good luck to you.