Judith
Judith, Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  34 years as practicing immigration attorney, with non-immigrant and immigrant visa experience.
12467490

My husbans case was returned to uscis, we haven't got an up

Customer Question

my husbans case was returned to uscis, we haven't got an up date although it was sent February 9 2016. Does it take athe status is on this ? long time to see what
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: His appointment was August 2015 and the officer told him our marriage was not a real marriage.We had all our documents to support it. and photos but she still objected
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Immigration Lawyers generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Judith replied 9 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I am delighted to answer your questions today. I have 35 years experience as an immigration lawyer.

Where was the interview?

What documents did you have to present?

It generally takes about 6 months for USCIS to re-affirm the petition and return it to the consulate.

Judith

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Accra Ghana, we submitted marriage liscense photies of wedding me and his parents and family , rent receipts , phone logs for two years plus , text conversations from dec 2012 up to June 2014 . She commented my age of 63 and his 28 was her deciding factor
Expert:  Judith replied 9 months ago.

A big age difference combined with Ghana being a high fraud post, it does not surprise me that the consul sent the case back for reaffirmation.

That being said, age alone is not grounds for the petition to be revoked and once USCIS sees the amount of evidence you have produced the petition I am sure will be affirmed and sent back to Accra for re-interview.

Just keep the relationship on track as you have been doing so that he has the evidence of the continued relationship from interview date to the next appointment.

I understand this is very disheartening but I am confident if you are patient it will all turn out OK which him getting a visa.

Of course, I am sure you understand your positive rating is very important to me as we are not on salary and that is how we receive compensation, you choosing a smiley face or 3+ stars
In the future, you may begin your questions with “FOR JUDITH” and I will be your personal immigration expert.

Judith