Jen Marie, Esq.
Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney
Experience:  She has worked on all types of U.S. Immigration cases since 2007.
28679807

I am on F1 OPT with my wife in the US. I want to invite my

Customer Question

I am on F1 OPT with my wife in the US. I want to invite my mother first for 3 months and mother-in-law (both are in India) after that on tourist visa.
Will it affect their chance if I successively sponsor/sign affidavit of support for them?
Also, my mom's brother (my uncle) is a US citizen. Would it be better(increase chance for my mother to get tourist visa) for him to sign the affidavit of support instead of me?
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Jen Marie, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be the immigration attorney helping you today.

It may be more helpful for her brother, your uncle, to sign the affidavit of support since he is a US citizen and not paying for school I presume. You, as a F1 student, have to prove that you can support yourself and pay for your studies so that may not be so helpful in petitioning for others.

Good luck to you during this process and I hope this answer has helped you!

If you are not satisfied with my answer or if I did not understand your question correctly, please ask me for clarification and I will be glad to clarify. Your satisfaction is my goal.

Please kindly remember to issue a POSITIVE RATING now before you leave this page by choosing from the ratings. This is very important since it is how I receive credit for my service from what you paid.
This question will NOT close after you rate me even though it says "To Finish..". So after rating me, feel free to ask me any follow up questions at no additional cost .

Any bonus you wish to provide will be very appreciated.

If you have other NEW questions in the future, you can make sure that I answer it for you if you start your new question post with the words "FOR JENNIFER " or write it in the Subject Line.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for the response Jennifer. One thing I may not have made clear is that I am on F1 OPT (Optional Practical Training) meaning I am working currently (on OPT) and I am not paying for my studies. Will this affect your response?

Thanks for clarifying. My previous answer still stands.

Hope that helps and hope I have now earned your positive rating. Thanks.