How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jen Marie, Esq. Your Own Question
Jen Marie, Esq.
Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 4133
Experience:  She has worked on all types of U.S. Immigration cases since 2007.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Jen Marie, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am married to man in sierra leone. We want to see each

Customer Question

I am married to man in sierra leone. We want to see each other here and get necessary papers filed on american soil even if he returns home while completion of paper work. I will be getting operstion this year and would like him to be here. I am on SSI
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Jen Marie, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be the immigration attorney helping you today.

Does he have a US tourist visa?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No. I don't know how to get it both of us not rich. But i have apt. And monthly income and we could take care of each other espically if he could get work permission after arrival
Expert:  Jen Marie, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Unfortunately that would likely not be enough for a tourist visa. He is the one that needs to show that she has a good job and enough income/assets in his country to get a tourist visa. If not, the other option is for you to petition him for an immigrant visa based on marriage. To do that you would file the I-130 petition which you can find on and the cost is $420. Once that is approved you will have to send in additional documentation and eventually he will have an interview with the US embassy interview in his country to be allowed to come to the US and stay permanently. This process will take about 8 months to 1 year.

If you have medial issues and need it processed faster you should request expedited processing with the I-130. You would send a cover letter asking for it to be processed faster and send proof of your medical condition and operation schedule. Write the words EXPEDITED REQUEST very big on the top of the page.

Good luck to you during this process and I hope this answer has helped you!

If you are not satisfied with my answer or if I did not understand your question correctly, please ask me for clarification and I will be glad to clarify. Your satisfaction is my goal.

Please kindly remember to issue a POSITIVE RATING now before you leave this page by choosing from the ratings. This is very important since it is how I receive credit for my service from what you paid.
This question will NOT close after you rate me even though it says "To Finish..". So after rating me, feel free to ask me any follow up questions at no additional cost .

Any bonus you wish to provide will be very appreciated.

If you have other NEW questions in the future, you can make sure that I answer it for you if you start your new question post with the words "FOR JENNIFER " or write it in the Subject Line.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We tried to just get forms here from there to start immiagation visa. It hasn't come in over 8months. So we thought if he could come for at least a visit we could file our papers before he retirned
Expert:  Jen Marie, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

He can try to apply but like I said, without those things it would be difficult. If he wants to try, he would have to make an appointment with the US embassy and apply for a tourist visa. He should take proof of a good job (employer letter) in his country, bank accounts with funds, assets/properties, etc. That will help but it is a low chance of approval.

I am not sure what you mean that you tried to get the forms and have been waiting, but You can find the form you need right here, you do not have to keep waiting. --> You can click there and print the form, fill it out, and mail it in. Make sure to attach a copy of your marriage certificate, copies of both of your birth certificates - everything with translations, any divorce certificates, proof that it is a real marriage ( proof of flights to visit him, pictures together, chat longs, greeting cards, emails, etc) proof that you are a US citizen (passport) and form G-325A one for each of you (found here ) , and 1 passport style small photo for each of you, plus $420 check or money order for fees.

Once you do this and write expedited criteria in the cover letter on the top and put the cover letter in the top of all documents, it should be approved in a few months. You must get started right away.

I know immigration issues sometimes seem complicated and confusing. If at any time you would like to have a more detailed consultation by phone or if you need help with application preparation or review, I can send you an offer for this legal service to you for a reasonable fee later on. You don't have to decide if you would like that now, but just letting you know it's an affordable option for you to keep in mind.

I hope this has helped you. Even if you do not want additional help, please remember to issue a rating to me by picking from the stars. It is the only way I receive credit. Best of luck.

Expert:  Jen Marie, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello there, I see that you were able to view my answer but did not leave a rating. Is there anything that I can clarify for you or any other questions?

I am here to help and hopefully I can earn your positive rating. That's the only way I receive credit for my time. Thanks!

Related Immigration Law Questions